Monday, February 13, 2012

Rules for Relaxing....

I don't know about you all, but the holidays...even with the time off from work...just aren't relaxing.  There's cooking, decorating, wrapping, shopping...you know the drill. I love them, but I've decided that it's about time for a day off for no reason.  I'm going to schedule it with my boss soon.

And then follow these do's and don'ts I found in an issue of Real Simple.

DO:
  • Have a supply of your favorite snacks ready.  Nothing too decadent, but jellybeans or chocolate will do quite nicely.
  • Order in every meal.  No cooking today.
  • Rent at least three movies.
  • Read a good book.
  • Sit down in a comfortable chair, close your eyes, and listen to your favorite album...all the way through.
  • Turn the phone off. 
DON'T:
  • Do any chores or feel guilty that you're not completing a project.  No drawer rearranging or closet organizing today.
  • Read the newspaper.  Isolation for a day won't kill you.
  • Wash the dishes or do the laundry.
  • Go to the gym.  A walk around the neighborhood is allowed...for relaxation sake. It can't be a workout.
  • Look at e-mail...personal OR work.  While we're at it, no blogging, Facebook, Tweeting or anything online.  Turn your computer and your smart phone off.  Period.
I feel better already.

No comments: