Monday, October 02, 2006

Life Should Be Beautful...Blah...Blah...Blah

So, what the heck do I mean by the title of this blog? Well, quite frankly, I mean what it says in the most literal sense. The life you create for yourself (and I believe we DO create our own lives) should appeal to our senses. Should create memories. Should make us feel better.

Still too esoteric for you? Let me make it real.

I am writing this as I sit outside on our backyard deck. I am sipping a fizzy and tangy Tom Collins gin cocktail in a really cool "optic" collins glass from a set of sixteen that I found at an estate sale for a buck apiece. When the breeze blows, I can hear the windchimes hanging in the live oak tree and catch a sniff of the night jasmine that's in the pot six feet away. The stone water fountain is splashing away and serenely drowning out any traffic noise that might slip into my idyllic world. Oh, and the hackberry queen butterflies are doing their nightly fluttery mating dance in the patch of setting sun. Pretty soon I'll head inside to spend about thirty minutes making dinner which I'll pair with a great bottle of wine--which cost me under $12.

Now, THAT's beautiful.

The opportunity to relax in an enviroment that stimulates the senses and reenergizes me for whatever I have to face tomorrow. And all accomplished without a whole lot of money or effort. Or even know-how for that matter. And that's what I hope to help you discover. Stay tuned and I'll make it even more literal.

No comments: