Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Honey-Mustard Chicken

I dragged this recipe out of my dusty files last night. (Actually, just remembered it. I've done it so many times, I don't really need the recipe.) It has a fond history with me. When I moved into my first apartment almost twenty years ago, it became my "company's coming" dinner. Moist chicken with a great sauce. A little wild rice and steamed broccoli on the side, and all was well. It's still worth making, and a great easy meal for everyday...or even a casual diner party.

Honey-Mustard Baked Chicken

4 bone-in chicken breasts (You could actually use other chicken pieces or a whole chicken cut-up if you prefer.)
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper

To make things easy and clean-up a breeze, I melt the butter in the microwave in a Pyrex measuring cup. Then add the honey and Dijon mustard directly to the same cup. Add salt and pepper and mix together.

Put the chicken pieces in a baking dish you've sprayed with non-stick spray. Pout the sauce over and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for an hour, basting every 20 minutes or so if the mood hits you. (It's actually fine if you never baste.)

Easy, huh? And tasty too.

No comments: