Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Melon with Honeyed Yogurt

One of the things I love most about Jason's Deli is the little plastic container of sweetish yogurt (?) dip that come when I order fruit on the side of my sandwich. It makes cantaloupe (and even honeydew... which I am not a fan of) taste delicious.

I have no idea what it's made with, but I'm guessing this one is healthier. And I know it's just as delicious.

(Note: This makes a LOT of yogurt dip. If you're just using it for a dip for your melon snack (as I do), just adapt the technique and use a lot less of the ingredients.)

Melon with Honeyed Yogurt
Adapted from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.

1 cantaloupe, seeded, peeled and cut into wedges or chunks
3 cups Greek yogurt
1/2 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
1/4 cup honey

Mix the yogurt and the honey together, stirring gently. Top with the chopped mint and serve with the melon.

No comments: