Friday, August 28, 2009

Great Snack Ideas

I've preached the snack sermon here before. It's a way I've found to keep my metabolism rolling...snacking has always been a part of any weight loss I've managed to achieve.

But you have to make the right choices. A Three Musketeers bar won't cut it. But neither will plain ol' celery sticks. Try taking those to work and see how inspired you get for that mid-morning nibble.

Here are some great choices that satisfy both the healthy and the interesting requirements:
  • Almonds mixed with dried cherries or blueberries.
  • Cottage cheese with diced avocado and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper.
  • Shelled edamame.
  • Apple slices dipped in a little bit of peanut or almond butter.
  • A frozen waffle (cook it the night before and briefly microwave it at snack time) spread with a little honey.
  • Celery sticks stuffed with a little goat cheese.

You get the picture. I always try and include leftovers in my snack schedule as well. That last spoonful of green peas from dinner last night? Snack. Those two bites of grilled chicken? Snack.

Try it and see....

No comments: