Friday, April 03, 2009

Cocktail of the Week: Pisco Sour

A pre-dinner cocktail doesn't have to be complicated. Gin and Tonic. Vodka and soda. Or even a glass of wine or a beer.


Sometimes, however, it's nice to be a little more exotic. Maybe even head WAAAAAY south of the border.


I bought a bottle of Pisco recently...an interesting Peruvian spirit distilled from grapes. When I searched the file folder of Pisco cocktail recipes (yes...I DO have one...), I found this one. It's delicious.


And stay tuned for more. I have to use the bottle up after all...


Pisco Sour
Makes one cocktail.


2 ounces pisco
1 egg white
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
3/4 ounce simple syrup


In a cocktail shaker, shake the egg white until slightly frothy. Add the rest of the ingredients and shake vigorously. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass.

No comments: