Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cocktail of the Week: Gin and Green Tea Martini

Regular readers of this blog know that I am a fan of gin. It's an interesting spirit and, these days, different brands bring very different flavors to the table. That said, I don't drink gin martinis very often at all. It's a drink that I always say "can put hair on your chest." But I'll have a craving for one every now and then.

Here's a cocktail recipe that might have me putting gin in a martini glass more often. The gin is tempered with a bit of sweetness and some green tea. Hey...green tea is supposed to have antioxidant properties. What better place for it than in a cocktail to counteract the effects of the alcohol!

Gin and Green Tea Martini
Makes one cocktail.

1 tablespoon simple syrup
2 ounces cold green tea (You can replace one ounce of the green tea with ZEN green tea liqueur if you have it...which I did.)
2 ounces gin

Shake in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint or basil for an extra herbal kick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply delicious!