Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Easy Olive Tapenade

I love it when I discover quick and easy and delicious things.  I have always liked olive tapenade, but never thought to make it myself.  But with a surplus of kalamata olives (bought in bulk at a local Middle Eastern market) after a couple of Greek salads, I decided to put them to use.  Of course, I had pimiento-stuffed olives also (hello, martini), so was well on my way. 
It was a delicious snack on toasted baguette slices.  Would also be a great sandwich spread or combined with a dollop of goat cheese on a cracker.

Try it yourself.  A quick zip in a mini-food processor and you're set....

Easy Olive Tapenade
Makes about one cup.

2/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
1 tablespoon garlic
2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optional, but a nice touch if you have it on hand)
About one tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

Place the olives, garlic and parsley in a mini food processor and pulse until chunky.  Drizzle in olive oil with motor running until tapenade is the desired consistency.

No comments: