Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tomato Salad: Theme and Variations

I'm eating tomatoes every day. The delicious orbs I buy from Farmer Lemley at the farmers market make their way into cottage cheese snacks, bacon and tomato sandwiches, salads, sandwiches, or, in the case of the sweet little cherry tomatoes, simply eaten as is.

And, of course, I pair them with mozzarella and basil leaves from my container garden. Topped with some pesto or just good quality olive oil, it simply tastes like summer.

But our friend Martha Stewart says don't stop there. Here are a few more tomato-cheese combinations that we all should try....
  • Add ricotta salata and a sprinkling of parsley.
  • Or feta and mint.
  • How about goat cheese and fresh oregano?
  • And for a Mexican twist, I'll be trying Cotija and cilantro.

No comments: