Saturday, April 16, 2011

Taxtime Cocktail of the Week: Maker's Mark Elderflower Collins

If you're like me, you're thankful for the couple of extra days to finish your taxes. But, hopefully, you're not TOO much like me. I owe. Sigh.

One (ok...maybe a couple) of these tasty cocktails will take some of the edge off though. As a collins drinker of all kinds, I'm adding it to my repertoire.

(By the way, if you don't have elderflower liqueur, you can leave it out. But it DOES add a nice herbal undernote...)

Maker's Mark Elderflower Collins
Makes one cocktail.

1 1/2 ounces Maker's Mark (or another high-quality Bourbon)
3/4 ounce elderflower liqueur
1/2 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
Club soda

Mix the first four ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Strain into an ice-filled collins glass and top with club soda.

No comments: