Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cocktail of the Week: A Pimm's Cup...Of Course

Cracked open a brand-spanking-new bottle of Pimm's tonight in honor of the big royal nuptials tomorrow morning. (No, I WON'T be up early...thank goodness for DVR's.) It took me straight back to the first-time I had a Pimm's Cup...as a college student on the banks of the Thames in Oxford. (No kidding.)


Do yourself a favor and transport yourself. You'll thank me when you continue drinking these throughout the long, hot summer.


Pimm's Cup

Makes one cocktail.


Pour 1 1/2 ounces into an ice-filled collins glass. Top off with sparkling lemonade. (Some people use lemon-lime soda, but I go for a close approximation of sparkling lemonade with club soda and a splash each of lemon juice and simple syrup.) If you're feeling authentically British, make sure and garnish with a cumber spear.


(Unfortunately, I had no bubbly on hand or I would have made a Pimm's Royal. Shake 1 1/2 ounces Pimm's in an ice-filled cocktail shaker to chill. Strain into a Champagne flute and top off with sparkling wine. No cucumber garnish needed for this one.)

No comments: