Thursday, August 12, 2010

Almond Butter...Have You Tried It?

I'm a vocal advocate for peanut butter. It's a nice add-on to a piece of toast or a bagel for breakfast. And I keep a jar (crunchy of course) in the fridge at work so I can grab a spoonful for a quick protein-packed snack.

But I'm now a big fan of almond butter these days. An article I read recently said that two tablespoons provides 30 percent of your magnesium and are a good source of calcium.

You can certainly try it in the manners I mention above. But I like these ideas also.
  • A sandwich made with toasted bread, 1 1/2 tablespoons almond butter, half a sliced banana, and 1 tablespoon honey.
  • Or this savory option. Again, toasted bread (sourdough sounds perfect) spread with almond butter and layered with turkey bacon and thin apple slices.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

I agree, I love almond butter and it is so much better for you than peanut butter. The best brand is Barney Butter, it is smooth and creamy just like pb and so delish!! I buy it at Whole Foods or from Amazon.