Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cocktail of the Week: Refreshing Gin Drinks

You know I love gin. Especially Bombay Sapphire. Here are a couple of recipes that I guess could be pejoratively called "Gin and Juice." Nonetheless, they're wonderfully refreshing. Perfect for an evening on the deck or patio.

Gin Madras

1 part gin
1 part orange juice
2 parts cranberry juice

Pour in order listed over ice in a collins glass. Stir if desired.

Gin Breeze

1 part gin
1 part grapefruit juice
1 part cranberry juice
Splash of lime juice
Splash of simple syrup

Shake ingredients in ice-filled cocktail shaker and pour into chilled cocktail glass.

1 comment:

Pix said...

I just found your blog because I was looking for gin drinks (I had just ran out of tonic water) and I found your gin madras! I was sold right away as you said you loved Bombay Sapphire, which I am drinking right now. :) going through your blog made me hungry and happy, I loved your smoothies! Thank you so much for writing.