Sunday, April 25, 2010

Great Wine Values

It's always nice when another source validates your thinking...especially when it's my personal fave Food & Wine. They published this list of fail-safe wine values six months ago. But these are TRUE values...good choices year-in, year-out. A couple of them hold coveted spaces on my house wine list.


  • Bogle Vineyards California Petite Sirah: At $11 or so, this peppery red is a good one. Try some of Bogle's other varietals as well.
  • Dry Creek Vineyard Dry Chenin Blanc: I admit I haven't tried this one, but F&W says it's crisp and peachy.
  • Marietta Vellars Old Vine Red: Another one I need to check out. Especially since the notes are "dusty, gamey and rich."
  • Chateau St. Jean Fumé Blanc: A favorite of mine. $13 or so and "light touch of oak...makes it more luscious and rounded than most Sauvignons." I agree and raise you the description...smoky.
  • Rosenblum Cellars Vintner's Cuvee Zinfandel: Another goodie. Always remember the three r's when buying zin and you won't go wrong. Ravenswood. Ridge. Rosenblum.

Cheers!

No comments: