Monday, January 04, 2010

A Spinach Salad That's Simple And To The Point....

I'm betting that there are plenty of you out there who, like me, are on the losing-weight/eating healthy-as-a-New-Year's-resolution bandwagon. I'm not doing anything drastic...just smaller portions of healthier foods. That will mean salads for dinner more than usual. And it doens't even have to be a "main course" salad with protein all the time. But it DOES need to have interesting ingredients that provide a variety of textures and tastes. This one does just that. It was tossed together by a co-worker for our recent "pot luck" holiday luncheon. It piqued my interest so I asked for the "recipe." Here you go....

Spinach Salad

Toss together (in your own desired quantities/ratios) the following:

Baby spinach
Purple onion (very thinly sliced)
Avocado
Pistachios
Mozzarella cheese (Bocconcini would be perfect.)
Cherry tomatoes
Balsamic vinaigrette

No comments: