Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tequila Mayo Dipping Sauce

If I've had a light lunch, I can be starving before I ever start dinner. If I'm lucky and the fridge is stocked (or I've stopped by Central Market on the way home), I can pull out a half-dozen chilled peel-and-eat shrimp and mix up a small ramekin of this sauce. (I just drastically reduce the recipe and guesstimate the ratios.) Delicious. And definitely worth trying on a larger scale for your next party. It would be delicious to nosh on this while you sit by the pool or on the patio.


Tequila Mayo Dipping Sauce
Makes approximately 2 cups.


1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
2 tablespoons tequila
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Kosher salt
Freshly ground cracked black pepper


Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine well. Serve chilled.

No comments: