Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Cool Picnic Ideas from Mark Bittman and The New York Times

I'm back! Life has calmed down enough (and I am inspired enough) that I can blog again. I have a backlog of things to work on this weekend...stay tuned.

Part of the heightened inspiration came from a wonderful article in today's New York Times. Writer and foodie Mark Bittman makes everything simple. (Check out his cookbooks if you haven't. Like this and this.) In today's paper, he tackles the summer picnic....101 simple ideas to pack in tour picnic basket. Click here for the full article.

Me? I'm worried about what to pack for the fireworks tomorrow night. (One of the best displays in the Dallas area is on July 3rd.) There are many tempting possibilities among Bittman's ideas....

Number 19...Cashews and Asian flavorings as a celery filling.

Numbers 34 or 35...Variations on edamame salad.

How about 46 through 48? New twists on egg salad.

But the creme de la creme looks like Number 87....the perfect steak sandwich.

Which one are you going to try? Post a comment and let me know.

No comments: