Thursday, January 17, 2008

Homemade Vegetable Cream Cheese

Although I avoid most carbs these days, sometimes a guy simply has to have a good toasted bagel. To help make it a little more guiltless, I whip up a batch of this veggie cream cheese. After spreading it on a weekend morning bagel, I store it in the refrigerator for a couple fo days and use it on whole wheat toast or as a dip for crunchy celery sticks or baby carrots.

Vegetable Cream Cheese
From Martha Stewart's Everyday Food

Stir together:
1-8 ounce package reduced-fat (or no fat) cream cheese
1 medium carrot, grated
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Coarse salt and ground pepper

2 comments:

Emily said...

This is just the recipe I was looking for, thank you!

Anonymous said...

This cream cheese is soooo good! I added chives and it is the best!