Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cucumber-Carrot Bites...A Healthy Snack

I'm trying to keep up with my New Year's resolution to eat more healthy snacks during the day. I've discovered that's the thing that keeps my metabolism going and helps me lose weight. But I can get tired really quickly of carrot or celery sticks or an apple.


Here's an easy recipe that I mixed up tonight to take to work with me tomorrow. It's delicious. I'm trying to think of another application for the carrot mixture...maybe as a spread for a turkey sandwich.


Cucumber-Carrot Bites
From Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.


1/2 English cucumber, cut crosswise into 8 rounds
Kosher salt and ground pepper
1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
3 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar

Season cucumber slices with salt and pepper.


In a small bowl, mix together carrot, sour cream, scallion whites and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly among cucumber slices;garnish with scallion greens.

No comments: