Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Classic Returns: Poppy Seed Dressing

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I am working to lose some poundage.  That means lots more fruits and veggies..some days with nothing but fruits and veggies.

But I am NOT the type to be happy having steamed veggies and salads all day.  So I look for tricks that will entice me to eat what I should.  I have discovered that poppy seed dressing is one such trick.

I make a big batch of the recipe at this post.  (Read it all to learn the Neiman-Marcus genesis of the recipe.) I take the jar to work and leave it in the fridge.  When mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack time comes around, I smear a tablespoonful or so on the bottom of the bowl and drop in a big handful of halved strawberries.  Provides just enough sweet and sour tang (and yes, I know, sugar and fat) to make strawberries something I could eat everyday.  And a MUCH better alternative to a handful of pretzels or potato chips.

Try it and see what you think....

No comments: