Friday, February 04, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This is NOT a healthy recipe. But then again you don't want to keep much of a dietary score on your Super Bowl fixin's. This one fumbles when it comes to fat and should be penalized for unnecessary sodium. (Sorry...couldn't resist.)

That said, it's got great flavor. If I had a little more time to retest it and tinker a bit, I would cut back on the dressing a little and kick the chicken up to cooked white meat chicken cut in small chunks. As printed, it's a little runny and the chicken tends to get lost. I'll leave the tinkering up to you, however. (The Comments section is always open for your results...)

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Makes four cups dip.

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup of your favorite "wing" hot sauce (I used Frank's.)
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 cans (12.5 ounces each) white meat chicken in water, drained

Preheat oven to 350°.

Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Stir until smooth. Mix in salad dressing, hot sauce, and cheese. Stir until blended. (I found a potato masher helpful for this step.) Stir in chicken.

Place in baking dish. (When I make things like this, I put into a couple smaller dishes, so I can replenish the snack table with a hot second batch when the first is gone.)

Bake 20 minutes, until heated through.

Serve with celery sticks and thick-cut potato chips for dipping.

No comments: