Thursday, January 20, 2011

Herb Rub for Turkey (Or Chicken or Pork)

I had an extra turkey breast that I bought during Thanksgiving sales at the grocery that I had frozen. Pulled it out last week and brined it (More on that in a later post.) then rubbed this delicious rub on it and roasted it. Added a great flavor to wonderfully crisp browned skin. I'm using it next time I roast a chicken and might even try it on pork tenderloin...it's wonderfully versatile.

Herb Rub

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (You could use dried herbs....just use a little less of each.)
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients and rub on the outside of your turkey, chicken or pork. Roast according to your recipe.

No comments: