Friday, January 21, 2011

Cold Weather Prep: Stocking Your Winter Coat Pockets

When Mother Nature socks North Texas with cold weather, I know which coat is coming out of my closet. My 20 year old London Fog trench coat. It's also the coat I pack if travel takes me to someplace like Chicago or New York in the frigid months. So cold weather definitely equals trench coat.

So I stock said coat with the other supplies I know I'm going to need:
  • Gloves
  • Lip balm for the effects the cold and wind have on my kisser
  • And a mini-package of Kleenex for the unavoidable runny nose

If I lived someplace truly cold (and you might), I'd stock ALL of my coats with these necessaries. Sure keeps you from scrambling looking for gloves. And even better...from being caught by Jack Frost without them.

No comments: