Monday, January 14, 2013

Cocktail(s) of the Week: Downton Abbey Cocktails

I was quite conflicted last night.  What to watch on TV? Downton Abbey...which we waited it seems like forever for.  The Good Wife...my Sunday night date with the incredibly talented Juliana Margulies.  Or the once-a-year drunkfest that is The Golden Globes?

I ended up with the Golden Globes...couldn't miss Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and hopefully a gaffe or two.

But I multi-tasked and had this delicious cocktail inspired by Lady Sibyl I found on theKitchn.com. It's a mix of gin, St. Germain, and bubbly and as the author said, just like the character, it's "sweet, lovely, and stronger than you'd expect."

Next week I will be back to Masterpiece live.  And plan to kick back with either the Lady Edith (grapefruit juice and sloe gin) or the Lady Mary (with Lillet Blanc and basil).

Cheers!

No comments: