Friday, July 13, 2012

Cocktail of the Week: A Simple Margarita with Simply Limeade

Everyone has their favorite margarita recipe.  (Mine actually involves a drive to Gloria's and the ordering of a Cointreau meltdown or two.) I posted one that I found in a fun little cookbook recently as a matter of fact.

Here's a formula for those evenings you simply don't want to try too hard.  I love the "Simply" brand of products...lemonade, raspberry lemonade and limeade.  I put the limeade to use in this simple, but tasty 'rita.

Simply Limeade Margarita
Makes 2 cocktails.

4 ounces Simply Limeade
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce triple sec
Juice of one lime (optional, but adds a nice tang)
Splash of mescal (optional, but do it if you have it...I have grown quite fond of the smokiness it brings to the cocktail party.)

MIx all ingredients together in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and strain into two ice-filled glasses with salted rims.

Salud.

No comments: