Monday, May 17, 2010

Mocktail of the Week: Spicy Veggie Juice

In my continuing quest to lose a pound or two, I have been scheduling several nights a week to be alcohol-free. No cocktail while I'm fixing dinner. And then no wine with dinner. (I know this is shocking to those of you who know me. Hush.)

I'm not feeling neglected though. I still have something "interesting" at happy hour time. Maybe pomegranate juice and some club soda. Lemonade or limeade. Or this one. Follow along...

I fill my martini shaker with ice. (Don't want it to feel lonely.) Pour in a can of Spicy Hot V-8. (And a splash of water...the stuff is pretty viscous.) Add a big pinch of garlic pepper. A teaspoon or so of celery salt. A generous squeeze of lime or lemon. If I'm feeling brave, a dash of Tabasco or cayenne. Then strain into a glass that I've rimmed with salt. (Or even better one of these salt blends.)

Cheers!

No comments: