Monday, August 25, 2008

Cocktail of the Week: Le Bourget

While in the liqueur aisle last week, searching for Amaretto and Tuaca (staples of our bar), I ran across St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur. I'd seen it written about over the last couple of years and had ripped out several recipes for my files, so I went ahead and put it in my cart.

Then, of course, I couldn't find the recipe I thought I had for it. But Google saved the day. What to do with the nectar created from the elderflower blossoms picked by Frenchmen and distilled into the beautiful Art Deco bottle? How about this? A gin-based cocktail that is as herbal and floral as the best summer garden...and as Parisian as the French suburb that shares its name.

Le Bourget
2 ounces gin
1/2 ounce St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice

Shake all ingredients well with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

Cheers!

No comments: