Monday, November 19, 2007

A New Morning Ritual

Life has been crazy lately. Not always beautiful, and certainly not simple. I have sworn to myself that I am going to get back on track as we step through the holidays. More cooking, more delicious wine, a cocktail or two, and a concentrated return to philosophies that I know make life better and more beautiful.


And, of course, a beautiful day always starts as you wake up. So, in this season of being thankful, I'm going to try a ritual I read about in a magazine recently. As I wake up, rather than dreading my workout or the meeting later or the clothes that need to be washed, I am going to make a mental list of five things I can be thankful for. Hopefully it will be a nice reminder of how beautiful life really is. And, by doing it every day, I'll be looking for new and different things each time I think through it.


Try it...what's first on your list?

No comments: