Sunday, September 30, 2007

Back on Track...the Elvis Smoothie

So haven't been around the blogosphere much recently. A new job and travel schedule have gotten in the way. I've felt guilty though, knowing there are two or three of you who check this silly thing out pretty regularly. Motivated by a conversation with a reader and good friend yesterday, I'm going to try and do better.

And blogging more regularly is not the only thing I'm trying to do better. The above-mentioned job and travel have also gotten in the way of eating more healthily and losing a few pounds. But I'm back on track with that also. Six small meals/snacks during the day. Lots of fruits and vegetables. No alcohol. (At least for a week...we'll see.)

So when I wanted something sweet the other night before bed, I couldn't reach for a piece of pecan toffee. Made a smoothie inspired by a decadent favorite of Elvis Presley's. Threw a banana, a spoonful of peanut butter, a scoop of chocolate protein powder and some ice into the blender and voila...a yummy smoothie that was a perfect substitute for a more guilt-inducing dessert. Try it and see what you think...

No comments: